You can also download these minutes as a PDF File

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Third Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on 27th September 2017 in St Andrew’s Church, Thornhaugh

PRESENT
Chris Smith, Chairman
Liam Higgins
Ashley Kewney
Louise Molesworth

IN ATTENDANCE
Three Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

Chris Smith was appointed Chairman of the Meeting as proposed by Liam Higgins and seconded by Louise Molesworth. She read out the following statement regarding the late Brian Watts:-

“We would like to record formally for the Minutes the sadness we all feel at the loss of Brian. His shoes will be very large ones to fill by any incoming Chairman. His unfailing humour, energy and commitment have left a lasting legacy for the village, for which we are truly grateful. Our heartfelt condolences go to Penny and the family, with a firm promise that his contribution will never be forgotten”.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

3. PUBLIC FORUM
A Member of the Public raised the following issues:-
• There have been reports that RAF Wittering will provide a Christmas Lunch for local Senior Citizens this year. The Clerk has not received any correspondence from RAF Wittering about this but will circulate any correspondence that she does receive. The Parish Councillors are aware of whom would wish to attend.
• A47 Sutton to Wansford Dualling – he had attended a Joint Sutton and Wansford Parish Council Meeting on 19th September 2017 to discuss the proposed plan which is to site the road south of the A47 rather than north of the A47 which is preferred by most residents. He confirmed that residents can still submit their comments for consideration by Highways England.

4. POLICE MATTERS
There were no police representatives present.

5. MINUTES of the Second Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council held on 17th July 2017 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed by:- Louise Molesworth
Seconded by:- Liam Higgins

6. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters including Dog Foul Bin
As no suitable location has been found to site the Dog Foul Bin at Home Farm, it was agreed to look at whether there was a suitable location in the village. The Clerk will find out whether Amey would be willing to refund the price paid for it as it has not yet been delivered.
ii) Repair of the stone wall at the top of Russell Hill
The Parish Councillors were extremely disappointed to discover that the Community Leadership Grant cannot be used to fund the repair of the stone wall on Russell Hill when Diane Lamb was aware of the siting of the stone wall and its ownership when she suggested that a grant application was made. They were also disappointed that no direct contact with the Parish Council has been made regarding this issue. The Clerk will contact Diane Lamb to confirm the status of the grant. Once the status of the grant has been established, if it has been withdrawn, the Clerk will contact the contractor to apologise but explain that unfortunately the funding has now been withdrawn and the Parish Council is not in a position to proceed with the work. Louise Molesworth will inform Stuart Foreman who instigated the repair.
iii) Lights adjacent to Apple Grove
Informal approaches have been made to the householder to no avail. It was agreed that the Parish Council had done what it could to resolve this issue informally. Those residents who have complained about the lights will be advised to make a formal complaint direct to Peterborough City Council.
iv) Gate via the path by the Chicken Farm
The Chairman summarised the correspondence regarding this issue and a discussion took place as to the way ahead. It was agreed that Liam Higgins will draft a letter to Mr N Bailey, MD of Joice & Hill stating that unfortunately a compromise has not been reached and the Parish Council does not plan any further action on the issue but will leave it to the residents of Home Farm to apply for a Right of Way to be recorded on the Definitive Map.
v) Peterborough Local Plan Update
The Chairman reported that the two proposed housing development sites (Wansford/Thornhaugh and Wittering/Thornhaugh) included in the Draft Local Plan do not appear on the latest version of the Local Plan. Bunny Guinness has informed the Parish Council that these sites have been removed in the version drafted for consultation. The Clerk will contact Gemma Wildman, Principal Planner, PCC to seek formal confirmation of this. The Local Plan can be accessed via https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/council/planning-and-development/planning-policies/new-local-plan/.

7. OUTSTANDING ISSUES

None.

8. CORRESPONDENCE

The Clerk had no further correspondence to add to the correspondence that has already been e-mailed to the Parish Councillors.

9. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 31st August 2017 was reviewed and approved as presented
Proposed by:- Chris Smith
Seconded by:- Louise Molesworth
ii) Request for a Grant from Thornhaugh & Wansford Parish Councils Burial Ground Committee
This was considered and it was agreed that a one-off donation of £750.00 will be made to the above.
iii) Hanging Baskets
Louise Molesworth has contacted Hillfield Nurseries and ordered ten autumn/winter hanging baskets which will be delivered in mid-October. She will ask whether the old hanging baskets can be taken down at the same time as the new ones are delivered. It was agreed to establish who will be prepared to water the five hanging baskets that were previously watered by Brian Watts.

10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

i) Honouring the late Brian Watts
The Parish Councillors agreed to purchase the plaque to be attached to the bench that will be purchased in memory of Brian Watts by his family.
ii) Chairman Vacancy
Liam Higgins proposed that Chris Smith fill the Chairman Vacancy; this was seconded by Louise Molesworth and agreed by all present. Liam Higgins proposed that Louise Molesworth fill the Vice Chairman Vacancy; this was seconded by Chris Smith and agreed by all present.
iii) Parish Councillor Vacancy
The Clerk will inform Peterborough City Council of the Parish Councillor Vacancy and this will be advertised to give the residents the opportunity of calling an election. If an election is not called, the Parish Council will be able to co-opt a Parish Councillor.
iv) Christmas Party 2017
Mick and Anne Castellano have kindly agreed to host the Christmas Party 2017. It was agreed that this will take place after the carol singing around the Christmas Tree. It was agreed that the most suitable dates would be 3rd or 10th December 2017. Chris Smith will discuss the date with Mick and Anne Castellano
v) Litter Picking Group
Nikki Higgins has suggested that a Litter Picking Group is organised and will litter pick once a month. The Parish Councillors expressed their support for this community event. Chris Smith will talk to Nikki about getting this activity started.

11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Fourth Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council will take place at 7.00 pm on 20th November 2017 in St Andrew’s Church.

12. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.40 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 20/11/17
Chairman