THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Sixth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 8th March 2011 In St Andrew’s Church
William Rogers (Chairman)
Cllr Diane Lamb (Ward Councillor)
Two Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations of personal or prejudicial interest on agenda items were made by any member of the Council.
3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The members of the public present did not make any comments.
4. MINUTES of the Fifth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held on Wednesday 5th January 2011 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Liam Higgins
5. MATTERS ARISING
i) Parish Council Website
The Councillors were very pleased with the proposed Parish Council Website design but they did feel that the Introduction was slightly negative and should be re-worded. Brian Watts has a number of old photographs that he will e-mail to the Clerk to forward onto the Website Designer. It was agreed to put up a poster in the Telephone Box and send information to Living Villages to advertise the Parish Council Website.
ii) Christie Hall
Brian Watts reported on the meeting that had been held the previous week and will send out the minutes of the meeting.
iii) Thornhaugh Landfill Site
Martin Witherington gave an update on the issues regarding the Thornhaugh Landfill Site following a Thornhaugh/Augean Liaison Meeting held on 3rd March 2011. He believed the site would continue for at least 6 years, possibly 9 years. Four Planning Applications for Cooks Hole have been submitted to PCC concerning what happens on the site, where it happens on the site, access to the site and environmental issues. He believed that the Planning Applications will be granted. There was a discussion about painting double white lines on the A47 where it passes the Landfill Site and Home Farm entrance to try and prevent any accidents. Diane Lamb stated there are funds from the Community Leadership Fund available for small projects such as painting double white lines.
iv) Home Farm Matters
Martin Witherington reported on his meeting with Cllr Holdich. A grit bin has now been installed at the A47 entrance. Mr A Tatt of Highways Division has organised repairs to A47 entrance on a one-off basis. The cost of installing a Bus Stop would be £35,000 and funding for this is unlikely.
v) A1 Thornhaugh Gap
The Clerk read out a correspondence between Mr D Hollis of Stibbington and Mr G Gould, Structures Project Manager, Highways & Transportation. It was agreed to contact Wendy Gray, Route Performance Administrator for an update on when work will be carried out to close the gap.
• Consultation on Without Compliance (Mineral/Waste) Variation of condition C1 of planning permission 09/01458/WCMM – Siting and operation of a temporary gas flare and associated equipment – to extend date of commencement to 30 December 2011 at Thornhaugh Quarry, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh (See under Matters Arising)
• RBL – The Great Poppy Weekend ( Agreed that the Parish Council would not participate)
• Cambridgeshire ACRE – Affordable Rural Housing (It was agreed to invite a Community Adviser to attend the July Meeting)
• Mr D Hollis – A1 Thornhaugh Gap (See under Matters Arising)
• Cambridgeshire Constabulary – Speedwatch ( Brian Watts has already undergone the necessary training. It was agreed Brian Watts will organise a Speedwatch Session in Russell Hill)
• Cambridgeshire Constabulary – Speeding Motorists; Fly Tipping (Noted)
• PCC – Notice of permission to develop land with compliance with conditions previously attached to a grant of planning permission at Thornhaugh Quarry (Noted)
• PCC – Survey of Listed Buildings for the Local Buildings at Risk (None Identified in Thornhaugh)
• Northamptonshire CC – Scoping Request Consultation – Reg 10 Application for Planning Permission and an Environmental Assessment for an extension in Time and Area for the Landfill Disposal of Hazardous Waste and Low Level Radioactive Waste, an Extension in Time for the Operation of the Soil Treatment Facility and Other Associated Development (Noted)
• CPALC – Winter 2010-2011 Bulletin; Parish Matters; Diabetes Research Project (Distributed)
i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 1st March 2011 was reviewed and approved as presented
Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Martin Witherington
It was agreed to donate £175.00 to Thornhaugh & Wansford PCC for allowing the Parish Council to hold their meetings in St Andrew’s Church.
It was noted that Parish Clerks will no longer be able to continue in their role on a self-employed basis from 5th April 2011. All Parish Councils will have to register as employers and administer a PAYE and NI Contribution Scheme (where applicable).
8. THORNHAUGH COAT OF ARMS AND MOTTO
This had been dealt with when discussing the content of the Thornhaugh Parish Council Website.
9. VILLAGE SEAT
William Rogers had brought along a catalogue selling village seats which was looked at. Diane Lamb stated there are funds from the Community Leadership Fund available for small projects such as purchasing village seats. William Rogers agreed to pursue this with Diane Lamb.
10. VILLAGE PLAN
It was agreed that there would be no further action on undertaking a Village Plan at present.
Brian Watts asked for an update about changing the signage in Meadow Lane from the “junction ahead” to a “pedestrians in the road ahead” sign. The Clerk will contact Mr Tebb, Network Team Manager, PCC.
Ian Molesworth asked if there were any plans for the residents to celebrate the forthcoming Royal Wedding. It was noted that some residents of Wansford are organising a street party and all residents of Thornhaugh are invited to attend.
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Annual Parish Meeting of the 2010/2011 Council and First Meeting of the 2011/2012 Council will take place at 7.00 pm on 17th May 2011 in St Andrew’s Church.
There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50 pm
SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 17/05/11