You can also download these minutes as a PDF Document


THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on 15th May 2017 in St Andrew’s Church, Thornhaugh

PRESENT
Brian Watts (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ashley Kewney
Louise Molesworth

IN ATTENDANCE
Five Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Chris Smith.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

3. ELECTION OF PARISH COUNCIL CHAIRMAN, VICE CHAIRMAN AND REPRESENTATIVES
i. Chairman
Brian Watts (no change)
ii. Vice Chairman
It was agreed not to appoint a Vice Chairman at present.
iii. Thornhaugh & Wansford Parish Burial Ground Committee
Robert Reeve (no change) and Ian Molesworth (no change)
iv. Representative on Thornhaugh Environmental Association
Liam Higgins (no change)
v. Representative on Augean Community Liaison
Martin Witherington (no change)
vi. Representative on Christie Hall Management Committee
Brian Watts (no change)

4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public had raised the following issues at the Annual Parish Meeting:-
• The potential difficulty of getting on/off onto the A1 from the properties on the A1 Southbound when the planned dualling of the A47 from Wansford to Sutton is completed. The resident has expressed her concerns to the Highways Division. It was noted that a further meeting regarding the plans is due to take place in the autumn.
• The gate via the path by the chicken farm (which connects Home Farm to the village) is still locked despite the end of the avian flu risk. The Parish Councillors gave their support for the residents of Home Farm to make an application to Peterborough City Council for the path to be registered as a footpath. Brian Watts will produce a flyer about the issue and distribute it to the village residents.
• Overgrown vegetation causing difficulty accessing the footpath along the A47. The Clerk will report to Peterborough City Council and request that it is strimmed back.

5. POLICE MATTERS
There were no police representatives present.

6. MINUTES of the Sixth Meeting of the 2016/2017 Parish Council held on 20th March 2017 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed by:- Louise Molesworth Seconded by:- Liam Higgins

7. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters including Dog Foul Bin
The Dog Foul Bin has not yet been sited next to the yellow grit bin at the entrance to Home Farm. Ashleigh Kewney had partially dismantled the Noticeboard but needs help with dismantling the back. Martin Witherington will arrange the help required and then hopefully it can be repaired rather than replaced.
ii) Repair of the stone wall at the top of Russell Hill
The quotation of £1,100 obtained by Brian Watts to repair the stone wall at the top of Russell Hill was accepted.
iii) Improvements to Access onto the A1 Northbound
Brian Watts had heard nothing further from Marcia Eastman of Highways England.
iv) Passing Places
The Parish Councillors were delighted that the repair work has now been undertaken by the Highways Division.
v) Lights adjacent to Apple Grove
The owner has replied to the letter sent by the Parish Council and Brian Watts agreed to discuss it with him.
vi) New 40 mph speed limit along Old Oundle Road
The Clerk had requested that repeater 40 mph signs are installed at the top and bottom of Old Oundle Road but this has not happened to date.
vii) Litter
It was agreed that this is an on-going problem
viii) Speeding in the Village
It was agreed that this is an on-going problem.

8. OUTSTANDING ISSUES

i) The Old Rectory Wall
Brian Watts had spoken to the owner who said there was not a problem with the Old Rectory Wall but she did request that the T&WPC Burial Ground Committee organises the trimming of the beech hedge. This work will have to take place in the autumn as nesting birds are using the hedge.

9. CORRESPONDENCE

The Clerk had no further correspondence to add to the correspondence that has already been e-mailed to the Parish Councillors.

10. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 30th April 2017 was reviewed and approved as presented
Proposed by:- Brian Watts Seconded by:- Louise Molesworth

ii) Statement and Bank Reconciliation 2016-2017 was reviewed and approved as presented
Proposed by:- Brian Watts Seconded by:- Louise Molesworth

iii) Annual Audit
The Accounts for the Year Ended 31st March 2017 had been audited by Karen Jones of Thornhaugh and the Annual Return will be signed by the by the Clerk and the Chairman.

11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

i) Crossleys Garden Village
The Parish Councillors expressed their grave concerns about this potential development. Nolan Tucker, Director of WYG had not been able to attend the meeting as requested but had offered to attend a meeting in early July 2017. The Clerk will confirm that the Parish Councillors would like to meet with him. The Clerk will inform Peterborough City Council that Thornhaugh Parish Council has not been consulted about the potential development and are strongly opposed to it. Brian Watts will produce a flyer about the issue and distribute it to the village residents.
ii) Hanging Baskets
One hanging basket has been moved as it has proved difficult to ensure it was watered regularly.

12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Second Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council will take place at 7.00 pm on 17th July 2017 in St Andrew’s Church.

13. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.30 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 17/07/17
Chairman