You can also download these minutes as a PDF File

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the 2013/2014 Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on Tuesday 7th May 2013 in St Andrew’s Church, Thornhaugh

PRESENT
William Rogers (Chairman)
Ian Molesworth
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE
Alan Jones, PCC Senior Officer (Minerals & Waste)
Two Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

Alan Jones, PCC Senior Officer (Minerals & Waste) introduced himself, explained his role and an interesting discussion took place regarding planning and operational issues at the local Minerals & Waste Sites at Thornhaugh 1 and 2 and Cooks Hole.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Liam Higgins, John Holdich and Diane Lamb (Ward Councillors).

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest in any items on the Agenda.

3. ELECTION OF PARISH COUNCIL VICE CHAIRMAN AND REPRESENTATIVES

i. Vice Chairman
Ian Molesworth (no change)

ii. Thornhaugh & Wansford Parish Burial Ground Committee
Robert Reeve (no change) and Ian Molesworth (to replace Hubert Warren)

iii. Representative on Thornhaugh Environmental Association
Liam Higgins and Martin Witherington (no change)

iv. Representative on Augean Community Liaison
Martin Witherington (no change)

v. Representative on Christie Hall Management Committee
Brian Watts (no change)

4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public did not have any issues to raise.

5. MINUTES of the Fifth Meeting of the 2012/2013 Parish Council held on Tuesday 12th March 2013 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

6. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters
Martin Witherington reported on the Peterborough Northern Policing Team Neighbourhood Panel Meeting held at All Saints’ Church, Wittering on 9th April 2013. The issue of speeding had been raised and discussed.
ii) Village Sign
Brian Watts had investigated funding for this from Thornhaugh Environmental Association and PCC Community Leadership Fund. There are indications that Thornhaugh Environmental Association may make a grant and Brian Watts will discuss this with Liam Higgins. There are indications that PCC Community Leadership Fund may make a grant of £500 and this is being dealt with by John Holdich and Diane Lamb.
Telephone Box
It was reported that the Telephone Box has been re-painted.
Time Capsule and 60th Anniversary of Queen’s Coronation Celebrations
It was agreed that these will hopefully be combined with the unveiling of the Village Sign later in the year.
Thornhaugh Parish Council Records
It was agreed that the Thornhaugh Parish Council Records will be deposited at Peterborough Records Office for safe-keeping. It is hoped that some of the Records can be scanned. Brian Watts will investigate funding for this from Thornhaugh Environmental Association.

7. CORRESPONDENCE

PCC – Granting of Planning Application 13/00048 Two storey rear extension with single storey infill at 5 Home Farm Cottages, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh (Noted)
PCC – Consultation on Listed Building Application 13/00402 Proposed dismantling of rear left hand side single storey kitchen structure at 23 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (Noted, no objections)
PCC – Consultation on Without Compliance 13/00432 & 13/00434 Variation of Planning Permission 12/01544 & 12/01545 to amend operating hours at Cook Hole, Thornhaugh (Martin Witherington will investigate who has made any comments/objections. The Parish Council has an objection to amending the time that lorries can be driven from 7.00 am to 6.00 am but has no objection to amending the time that lorries can be loaded from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm)
PCC – Draft Terms of Reference for Peterborough Parish Liaison Committee (Noted)

8. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 31st March 2013 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

ii) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 30th April 2013 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

ADJOURNMENT

It was agreed that the Parish Council would consider funding the erection of a couple of benches along the footpaths in the woods. The Clerk will contact the relevant local landowners to obtain their permission and their preferred location of the benches.

10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Inaugural Meeting of the 2013/2014 Council will take place at 7.00 pm on Tuesday 9th July 2013 in St Andrew’s Church.

11. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.20 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 09/07/13
Chairman