THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Parishioners held at 7.00 pm on 15th May 2017 in St Andrew’s Church
Brian Watts (Chairman)
Five Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Chris Smith.
2. MINUTES of the Annual Meeting of Parishioners held on 9th May 2016 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
3. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT FOR COUNCIL YEAR 2016/2017
Attached as Appendix to the Minutes.
4. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public had the following issues to raise:-
• The potential difficulty of getting on/off onto the A1 from the properties on the A1 Southbound when the planned dualling of the A47 from Wansford to Sutton is completed. The resident has expressed her concerns to the Highways Division. It was noted that a meeting regarding the plans is due to take place in the autumn.
• The gate via the path by the chicken farm (which connects Home Farm to the village) is still locked despite the end of the avian flu risk. The Parish Councillors gave their support for the residents of Home Farm to make an application to Peterborough City Council for the path to be registered as a footpath.
• Overgrown vegetation causing difficulty accessing the footpath along the A47. The Clerk will report to Peterborough City Council and request that it is strimmed back.
There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.45 pm
SIGNED _________________________________ DATE