You can also download these minutes as a PDF File

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Fifth Meeting of the 2012/2013 Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on Tuesday 12th March 2013 In the McNichol Room, Sacrewell Farm

PRESENT
William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ian Molesworth
Brian Watts

IN ATTENDANCE
Sgt Jeremy Tinsley
Ian Parkin (Parkin Heritage and Tourism)
Anita Hollinshead (Freelance Museum & Heritage Services)
Mike Rooney (General Manager at Sacrewell Farm)
Two Members of the Public

A presentation was made by Ian Parkin (Parkin Heritage and Tourism) and Anita Hollinshead (Freelance Museum & Heritage Services) along with Mike Rooney the General Manager at Sacrewell Farm.

The project team have been commissioned by the William Scott Abbott Trust (who run Sacrewell Farm) to prepare an Activity Plan to support a Stage 2 Application to the Heritage Lottery Fund for the Sacrewell Watermill Restoration Project. It was agreed that Thornhaugh Parish Council will write a letter of support for this project.

Sgt Tinsley introduced himself and explained his job role as the PCSOs’ Supervisor. He also explained the recent police restructuring changes that have taken place in Peterborough. There had been two local crimes reported in the past three months:- a burglary to a shed and an attempt to steal a JCB.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Martin Witherington.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest in any items on the Agenda.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
One Member of the Public raised the following issues:-

Details of a soon-to-be-submitted Planning Application were shown to the Parish Councillors to ensure there will be no need for a request to delay the date by which observations have to be made

Street Light No. 13 is not working – the Clerk will report to PCC and also request that LED Street Lights are fitting in the village.

The completion date for the painting of a “Slow” marking on the road at the Pedestrian Warning Sign at the entrance to the village and the moving of the 30 mph sign moved back 100 m. It was noted that this had been delayed due to the recent inclement weather but would be completed as soon as possible.

4. MINUTES of the Fourth Meeting of the 2012/2013 Parish Council held on Tuesday 8th January 2013 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters
As Martin Witherington was absent, Home Farm Matters were not discussed.

ii) Village Sign
Brian Watts had brought along the final design drawn up by Glyn Mould and will scan and e-mail this along with the costings to the Parish Councillors. It was agreed to look at funding for this from Thornhaugh Environmental Association and PCC Community Leadership Fund.

iii) Code of Conduct
It was agreed that all Parish Councillors, who have not already done so, will complete and submit their Members’ Interest Forms.

6. CORRESPONDENCE
PCC – Planning Application 13/00048 Two storey rear extension with single storey infill at 5 Home Farm Cottages, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh (No objections)
PCC – Consultation on Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licensing (Noted)
PCC – Planning Application 12/01882 Two storey extension at 16 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (No objections)
PCC – Consultation on Advertisement Application at PGRA, Great North Road, Thornhaugh (No objections)

7. FINANCE
i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 28th February 2013 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

ii) Funding of Projects within the Village
It was agreed that the Parish Council would consider funding the erection of a couple of benches along the footpaths in the woods (subject to any necessary permission from the Forestry Commission).

ADJOURNMENT
Brian Watts stated that the verges near St Andrew’s Church are in a poor condition. The Clerk will ask the Highways Department if it would be possible for rolled kerbing to be laid in this area.

Brian Watts stated the Telephone Box needs repainting. He will obtain a quotation for this to be undertaken.

Brian Watts will e-mail the Christie Hall Management Committee Meeting Minutes to the Parish Councillors.

Ian Molesworth suggested that a Time Capsule could be prepared and buried in the village. It could possibly include photographs, cuttings from local newspapers and so on. This will be discussed at the next Parish Council Meeting.

Ian Molesworth suggested that a celebration of the 60th Anniversary of the Queen’s Coronation is held in the village in June 2013. This will be discussed at the next Parish Council Meeting.

9. THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL RECORDS

Brian Watts has the Thornhaugh Parish Council Records. He will investigate the cost of having them scanned and put onto a DVD. He will also contact the Cambridgeshire Records Office to see if they would be interested in storing them on a permanent basis. It was noted that some of the older Parish Council Records are probably stored in St Andrew’ Church.

10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Annual Parish Meeting and Annual General Meeting of the 2013/2014 Council will take place on Tuesday 7th May 2013 at 7.00 pm in St Andrew’s Church.

11. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 07/05/13

Chairman