You can also download these minutes as a PDF File

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of Thornhaugh Parish Council held on 16th November 2020 via Zoom

PRESENT
Chris Smith (Chairman)
Louise Molesworth (Vice Chairman)
Adrian Rodgers

IN ATTENDANCE
Hannah Joyce (Member of the Public)
Peter Slinger, Prospective Green Party Candidate for the Ward Elections
Deirdre McCumiskey (Clerk)

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Ashley Kewney and Martin Lewis.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

3. PUBLIC FORUM
Hannah Joyce stated she was moving into Meadow Lane and will be making alterations to the house (loft conversion and porch). If any resident would like to see the plans before they are submitted to the Planning Department, please contact Hannah Joyce.

Hannah Joyce made the suggestion that residents could make a Christmas Window (decorating one window of their house with Christmas Themes) to make the village attractive and lift residents’ spirits during the Covid 19 Restrictions. This suggestion was well received and will be included in a general and dropped off with the Christmas Tree leaflet.

Peter Slinger made the suggestions of residents standing on their doorsteps on Christmas Eve and making a noise (banging a saucepan, etc), to welcome in Christmas Eve. It was noted that this would be difficult due to the layout of the village.

4. POLICE MATTERS
There were no police representatives present. No-one present had heard of any reported crimes.

5. MINUTES of the Meeting of Thornhaugh Parish Council held on 21st September 2020 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed by:- Louise Molesworth
Seconded by:- Adrian Rodgers

6. MATTERS ARISING

i) Speeding Motorists
The Chairman reported that she had been in contact with Peterborough City Council about the possibility of obtaining road markings/electronic signs but PCC will not fund these. The Chairman had been advised to be cautious if the Parish Council if they funded the painting of road markings due to using the correct paint, etc for Health & Safety reasons. The Chairman stated that the road is not classed as busy enough for financial support from PCC. The Chairman had established that electronic signs would cost £2,800 – £3,275 per sign not including installation which would need sponsorship, donations and/or fund-raising if enough of the residents are interested. It was noted that many of the speeding motorists are residents. It was noted that if speed bumps are installed, when a lorry goes over them, it would disturb the residents who live near to the speed bumps. The Chairman did not feel that an application for speed reduction measures to Augean would be successful. It was agreed that a note about speeding motorists would be included in a future flyer.

ii) Footpaths
It was noted that the footpath at the end of Meadow Lane has been re-instated (thanks were expressed to Chris Foers, the builder). The footpath from Russell Hill to the A47 has been delineated (thanks were expressed to Peter Sharpley). The Chairman had received a letter from Mr & Mrs A King, the new owners of Thornhaugh Hall confirming they are doing landscape maintenance work and they will ensure that all footpaths are made passable. Lee Moore, the PCC Footpaths’ Officer has been in contact with Mr & Mrs King to seek assurance that the temporary fencing put up will be moved to allow better access to the footpath (thanks were expressed to Lee Moore). Martin Witherington had sent an update on the Lime Tree Avenue Footpath (footpath adjacent to the chicken farm) of which it has been acknowledged that there is sufficient evidence in the application to make an Order under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 to record on the Definitive Map and Statement a public footpath along the application route. PCC will issue the order on 11th December 2020 (the end of the statutory consultation period). Thanks were expressed to Martin Witherington and the others who were involved for their persistence and determination. The signage for the footpath had been raised. Lee Moore has confirmed that all signage will be provided by PCC once the final stage of reinstatement is complete.

iii) Defibrillator
The Chairman has not heard from Rev J Tailby but it was noted that apparently a 28-day Notice has been placed on the church gate and this is presumably part of the application to install the defibrillator in the church porch. Louise Molesworth has spoken to a Nassington resident where the six defibrillators have been linked up and could be linked up to the one in Thornhaugh. A re-quote for the cost of the defibrillator will have to be obtained due to the delay in the purchasing the defibrillator. Peter Slinger stated that the Parish Council will need to check the time limits and conditions when permission has been obtained.

iv) Christmas Tree
It was noted that Nicki Rogers has kindly agreed to fund the Christmas Tree again from the Bill Rogers’ Memorial Fund. She is printing the flyers and will distribute them in the village. The flyers will invite people to put their own decorations onto the tree and photographs will be taken and an article written for Living Villages. The Chairman will order the Christmas Tree once Digby’s Farm opens on 28th November 2020 and will arrange delivery (Covid 19 Restrictions permitting). Kay and Martin Lewis have offered to erect the tree and put the lights on it.

7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

i) Planning Application 19/01889 Change of use from an agricultural field and woodland to form an adventure play scheme including erection of indoor play and visitor amenity barn, a supporting toilet and changing block, staff welfare facilities, outdoor play equipment and car park at Land off Sutton Heath Road, Southorpe – Objections – Awaiting Decision

ii) Planning Application 20/00733 Erection of new play area within existing leisure site at Sacrewell Farm, Thornhaugh – No Objections – Awaiting Decision

iii) Planning Application 20/01178 Fell 4x Leylandii trees, 2x Cherry trees, 2x Fir trees, 1x Willow tree (All tree adjacent to dry stone wall) & Fell 6x Leylandii trees (Rear right side of garden/corner bordering Manor Farm) at 21 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh – It was noted that the 2x Cherry trees will not be felled – it was agreed to take the Tree Officer’s advice. Early indications are that this will be permitted.

It was noted that very little response is being received from PCC Planning Department, despite many follow-up e-mails. The Parish Council will continue to chase on any outstanding issues. The only response that been received related to the length of the boundary wall on the new-build in Meadow Lane.

8. CORRESPONDENCE

i) Letter from Ashley King at Thornhaugh Hall.

ii) Letter from Jehovah’s Witnesses.

iii) Letter from Xanthe Pitt thanking the Chairman for the photographs of hanging baskets. Xanthe Pitt’s donation has funded the autumn/winter hanging baskets and will fund the spring/summer hanging baskets. Xanthe Pitts plans to visit the village once the Covid 19 Restrictions are lifted.

iv) E-mail from Peter Slinger regarding traffic calming and the defibrillator (thanks were expressed to Peter Slinger for this).

9. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 31st October 2020 was reviewed and approved as presented.
Proposed by:- Louise Molesworth
Seconded by:- Chris Smith

ii) Bank Signatories
It was noted that Chris Smith, Louise Molesworth and Adrian Rodgers have completed the paperwork to become bank signatories. The Clerk is already a bank signatory. Adrian Rodgers has experienced difficulties setting up internet banking but will continue to getting this resolved with the help of the Clerk.

iii) Budget
Adrian Rodgers will prepare the Draft Budget and Draft Precept for the January 2021 Meeting.

10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

i) Meeting Dates 2021
It was agreed that these will be 18th January, 15th March, 17th May (APM & AGM), 19th July, 20th September, 15th November 2021.

ii) Covid 19 Restrictions
It was noted that residents are being supportive of vulnerable residents during the second lockdown. It was noted that the Flu Jabs Programme run by the Wansford Surgery had been very successful and thanks were passed to the surgery.

iii) Grass Verges
It was noted that the grass verges off the fields near the junction with the A1 are in an extremely poor state and remain so despite a request to take remedial action. Stuart Foreman has also written to Peter Sharpley regarding remedial action.

iv) Book Exchange
It was noted that this has remained open with safety instructions displayed as there is very little use now due to winter and the second lockdown.

v) A47 Wansford to Sutton Dualling Scheme
It was noted the proposal is for a 1.6-mile new stretch of dual carriageway which largely follows the existing A47 at the Wansford end, crossing to the north and running parallel to the existing A47. There will be a dedicated slip road from the A1 southbound to the A47 eastbound to alleviate congestion at the junction. The existing single carriageway for westbound traffic across the A1 bridge at Wansford will be kept the same. There are also proposals for improvements to the roundabouts at Wansford.

11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Next Meeting of Thornhaugh Parish Council will take place at 7.00 pm on 18th January 2021. Venue to be confirmed.

12. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.45 pm.

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 18/01/21

Chairman