You can also download these minutes as a PDF File


THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Sixth Meeting of the 2016/2017 Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on 20th March 2017 in St Andrew’s Church, Thornhaugh

PRESENT
Brian Watts (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ashley Kewney
Louise Molesworth
Chris Smith

IN ATTENDANCE
Two Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public mentioned the following issues:-
• Speeding in the village – it was agreed to purchase 20 mph and 40 mph metal signs to stick onto the poles to remind drivers of the speed limits and ask Diane Lamb if she could provide 20 mph stickers for the wheelie bins
• 40 mph speed limit along Old Oundle Road – recorded under Any Other Business
• Verge mowing – the Clerk will request that in future the verges are mown to the end of the houses on Russell Hill leading toward the junction with the A47.

4. POLICE MATTERS
There were no police representatives present.

5. MINUTES of the Fifth Meeting of the 2016/2017 Parish Council held on 16th January 2017 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed by:- Louise Molesworth
Seconded by:- Chris Smith

6. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters including Dog Foul Bin
The Clerk will contact Amey and request that the Dog Foul Bin is sited next to the yellow grit bin at the entrance to Home Farm. It was noted that the Noticeboard has fallen down and needs repairing/replacing. The Clerk will contact Harry Stebbing to obtain a quotation for a repair or a replacement.
ii) The Old Rectory Wall
Brian Watts reported that the Willow Tree that is planting in the churchyard is causing a bulge in the Old Rectory Wall. The Clerk will report this to the T&WPC Burial Ground Committee who are responsible for all issues in the churchyard.
iii) Repair of the stone wall at the top of Russell Hill
Brian Watts will contact Abbey Stone for a quotation to repair the stone wall.

7. OUTSTANDING ISSUES

i) Cutting of Back Lane Hedges/Home Farm Entrance
It was noted that this work has now been completed. The Clerk will request that in future the verges are mown to the end of the houses on Russell Hill leading toward the junction with the A47.
ii) Improvements to Access onto the A1 Northbound
Brian Watts had contacted Marcia Eastman of Highways England who had agreed to discuss the issue further at a meeting which will take place in May 2017.
iii) Passing Places
The Clerk will ask Mr M Benn, Highways Department if the Parish Council would be allowed to employ a contractor to undertake the work as the passing places are now in extremely poor condition and in urgent need of attention.

8. CORRESPONDENCE

The Clerk had already given out details of a Public Information Events due to take place at The Haycock, Sutton Church and Sacrewell Farm regarding the proposed Improving the A47 Wansford to Sutton Dualling.

9. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 28th February 2017 was reviewed and approved as presented
Proposed by:- Brian Watts
Seconded by:- Louise Molesworth

ii) Annual Donations to Living Village and Thornhaugh & Wansford PCC
It was agreed to donate £80.00 to Living Villages and £190.00 to Thornhaugh & Wansford PCC.

10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

i) Lights adjacent to Apple Grove
Complaints have been received from residents regarding both the front and rear lights of Apple Grove in terms of brightness, how long they are switched on for and the impact on neighbouring properties. It was agreed to write to the owner politely requesting that he considers ways of reducing the brightness, how long they are switched on for and the impact on neighbouring properties as the Parish Councillors felt that he would not want to cause a nuisance to other residents in the village nor want an official complaint to be raised with the Environmental Enforcement Team at Peterborough City Council.
ii) New 40 mph speed limit along Old Oundle Road
The Clerk will request that repeater 40 mph signs are installed at the top and bottom of Old Oundle Road.
iii) Litter
It was noted that there is a large amount of litter on the lay-by on the A1. Brian Watts will liaise with Amey regarding its clearance. It was agreed that this is an on-going problem.

11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Annual Parish Meeting followed by the Annual General Meeting of the 2017/2018 Parish Council will take place at 7.00 pm on 15th May 2017 in St Andrew’s Church. Chris Smith gave her apologies.

12. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.00 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 15/05/17
Chairman