You can also download these minutes as a PDF file

Minutes of the Inaugural Meeting of the 2012/2013 Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on Tuesday 17th July 2012 In St Andrew’s Church

PRESENT
William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ian Molesworth
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE
4 Members of the Public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

There were apologies for absence from John Holdich and Diane Lamb (Ward Councillors).

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Martin Withering declared an interest in Home Farm Matters

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

The Members of the Public raised the following issues:-

• Lack of general maintenance work undertaken in the village, including grass cutting, gulley cleaning, tidying up around street light and road signs by the Fix-It Team (the Clerk will obtain a list of what the Fix-It Team should be undertaking)

• Blocked gulley on A47. Mr P Tebb, PCC had already been contacted about this by and had agreed to inspect it (the Clerk will request that it is monitored and cleaned out on a regular basis)

4. MINUTES of the Sixth Meeting of the 2011/2012 Parish Council held on Tuesday 13th March 2012 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters

Martin Witherington stated that he was submitting a Planning Application for the re-building of his late mother’s cottage at Home Farm and the Parish Council will be sent details by the Planning Department later on in the year

ii) Report on Royal Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Brian Watts report that despite the inclement weather conditions, the day had been very successful and thanks were expressed to everyone who contributed. It was noted that £350 had been raised for the Downs’ Syndrome Association of Peterborough. It was agreed to put an article and photographs onto the Website.

iii) Speeding in the Village

Ms C George, Road Safety Officer had confirmed that members from the road safety team had undertaken random speed surveys in Thornhaugh at different times of the day w/c 2nd July 2012. Vehicle speeds were monitored in the 30 mph zone as they entered and exited the village. On each occasion only a few vehicles speeds were recorded, for example during one morning between 8.30 am and 9.00 am only five vehicles were recorded and the speed of vehicles ranged from 22 mph to the highest speed recorded of 37 mph. Ms George had also raised the question with Highways again regarding a “SLOW” marking and moving the national speed limit sign to behind the bend and is currently awaiting a response from the Network Manager. It was agreed to request a decision from the Network Manager as a matter of urgency and to request that Ms George attends the next Parish Council Meeting.

It was noted that the grass verge from 10 Russell Hill to the speed limit sign is not close cut and motorists might think they are out of the village and start accelerating too soon. William Rogers agreed to contact Mr C Jackson to discuss this. Liam Higgins stated he wish to record his objection to the proposed 20 mph due to the number of signs already in the village.

iv) Double White Lines on A47

It was noted that although funding has been agreed, there has been a delay in the painting of Double White Lines on the A47 due to awaiting permission from the Department of Transport.

6. CORRESPONDENCE

• PCC – Refusal of Planning Application 12/00655 – Change of use of existing office, two reception rooms and two bedrooms in connection with the owner’s business of small group motivational and relaxation therapy at Thornleigh House, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh (Noted)

• PCC – Consultation on Conservation Area Trees Notification – Remove all Norway Spruce trees apart from 1 row to the eastern boundary at 14 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (Noted)

• Northamptonshire County Council – Minerals and Waste Development Framework Partial Review Consultation on a revised Statement of Community Involvement (Noted)

• The Planning Inspectorate – Proposed East Northamptonshire Resource Management Facility (Noted)

7. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 17th July 2012 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

8. PETERBOROUGH PLANNING POLICIES PLANNING DEVELOPMENT PLAN DOCUMENT

Martin Witherington had raised concerns that Home Farm was not included in the village envelope and would be attending a meeting regarding this in July. A Planning Inspector will be visiting Home Farm to consider the issue.

9. VILLAGE SIGN

A discussion took place regarding the supply and erection of a Village Sign. One of the members of the public had undertaken some research and had brought along a leaflet from a local wood-carver. It was agreed Brian Watts would meet with the local wood-carver to discuss possible design and cost. It was agreed the design could possibly include William Russell, William Russell’s Coat-of-Arms and St Andrew’s Church. It was noted that the Parish Council would not fund the cost of a Village Sign but would look at applying for grants for the cost.

10. FOOTPATHS AROUND COOKS HOLE

Brian Watts reported that Footpath Number 3 is open but Footpath No 4 is not in operation yet and incorrect signage is currently displayed. He will put a map showing the current route of Footpath No 4 onto the Village Noticeboard and request that he is informed when Footpath No 4 is open

11. ADJOURNMENT

It was noted that there had been bell ringing practice at St Andrew’s Church until 9.00 pm on 16th July 2012. This issue will be put on the Agenda for the next meeting.

12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Second Meeting of the 2012/2013 Council will take place on Tuesday 9th October 2012 at 7.00 pm on in St Andrew’s Church.

13. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.25 pm

 

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 09/10/12

Chairman