Click here to download these Minutes as a PDF Document

Minutes of the Sixth Meeting of the 2011/2012 Parish Council
held at 7.00 pm on Tuesday 13th March 2012
In St Andrew’s Church.

PRESENT
William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE
5 Members of the Public
Matthew, Head Groundsman, Thornhaugh Hall
Diane Lamb (Ward Councillor)
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Ian Molesworth.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public raised the following issues:-

• Stolen Grit Bin (the Clerk will follow this up and request that the other two Grit Bins which are in poor condition are replaced by green Grit Bins if possible)
• Speeding in the Village (the Parish Council are still awaiting the results of the repeated traffic survey)
• Grass Cutting (the Clerk will request that PCC cut the grass area on the opposite side of the road to 10 – 11 Russell Hill)
• Flooding on the A47 at Cooks Hole (the Clerk will report this to the Highways Division)
• Matthew, Head Groundsman, Thornhaugh Hall introduced himself and gave his contact details

4. MINUTES of the Fifth Meeting of the 2011/2012 Parish Council held on Tuesday 10th January 2012 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters
Martin Witherington reported that the dates had been announced for the painting of double white lines on the A47 but this had now been delayed. He stated that Augean had indicated their willingness to contribute to the cost but were awaiting a response from PCC. Diane Lamb will chase this up.
ii) A1/Thornhaugh Gap Issues
The work to permanently close the A1/Thornhaugh Gap is due to commence on 13th March 2012.
iii) Royal Diamond Jubilee
Brian Watts reported on the meeting held on 29th February 2012 to discuss the plans to celebrate this event on Sunday 3rd June 2012 which include:- a Barbeque, Jazz Band, Large Screen TV, Quiz and Treasure Hunt. Everyone will be welcome to attend. The next meeting will take place on 4th April 2012. Diane Lamb stated there may be grants available towards the cost of the celebrations but Parish Councils need to get their applications in by early April 2012.
iv) Speeding in the Village
See under Public Participation.
v) Footpath
It was noted that the fallen trees on the footpath have all been cleared away.
vi) Village Seat
William Rogers stated that he had purchased fixings for the seat. He stated he hopes to install the seat on 17th/18th March 2012. A discussion took place as to how best secure the seat so that it is not easily stolen. The Clerk will contact the Insurance Company to get the seat listed as an asset on the Insurance Policy. Alan Tresadern volunteered to renovate the Silver Jubilee Village Seat that is located near the Triangle.

6. CORRESPONDENCE

• PCC – Granting of Planning Permission to develop land with compliance with conditions previously attached to a Grant of Planning Permission – Variation of condition C1 of 10/01659 to allow continued siting and operation of temporary gas flare until 30/12/16 (Noted)
• PCC – Refusal of Planning Permission for Importation of inert material for recycling and infill to achieve a beneficial restoration to agricultural land at Thornhaugh Quarry Minerals/Waste Application 11/01711 (Noted)
• PCC – Notification to carry out work to trees within a Conservation Area – Remove 2 Eucalyptus Trees at 9 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (Noted)
• PCC – Extension on Planning Application 09/00118 – the erection of a timber framed garage at Home Farm House, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh (Noted)
• PCC – Consultation on Conservation Area Trees Notification 12/00171 – removal of trees at 14 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (Noted – A discussion took place regarding the original Planning Application for the two new properties at 14 and 16 Russell Hill and the subsequent felling of trees to create an additional car parking area in 2011. The Parish Council has objected to the plan to fell the remaining trees and requested that this is discussed at by the Planning Committee. Diane Lamb will discuss this with the Planning Department on 14th March 2012)
• PCC – Consultation on Planning Application (12/00207) for Construction of 4 bedroomed dwelling and replacement double garage to include demolition of existing double garage at Seven Summers, Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (Noted)

7. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 13th March 2012 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

It was agreed to donate £60.00 towards the cost of producing Living Villages magazine. It was agreed to donate £175.00 to Thornhaugh & Wansford PCC towards the costs of hiring St Andrew’s Church for Parish Council Meetings.

It was agreed to appoint Karen Jones as the Independent Auditor for the Financial Year Ending 31st March 2012.

8. OTHER MATTERS

i) Thornhaugh Quarry Lighting
It was noted that the lighting is extremely bright at Thornhaugh II Quarry (Mick George’s Quarry). William Rogers will ask whether the lights can be angled differently.
ii) Grange Farm, Wittering
It was noted that there had been a complaint by a Thornhaugh resident regarding heavy equipment on this site and possible material/waste entering the water course. This had been investigated but proved not to be of a concern to the Parish Council.
iii) RAF Wittering
William Rogers reported on a meeting he had attended which confirmed that RAF Wittering is busy and active and will remain open for the foreseeable future.

9. ADJOURNMENT

Brian Watts reported that he had re-varnished and re-furbished the Village Noticeboard. He had also tidied up the notices. It was agreed that non-profit making organisations are welcome to put up notices in the Village Noticeboard.

10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Annual Parish Meeting and the Inaugural Meeting of the 2012/2013 Council will take place on Tuesday 15th May 2012 at 7.00 pm on in St Andrew’s Church.

11. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.25 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 15/05/12
Chairman