You Can Also Download these Minutes as a PDF Document

Minutes of the Fourth Meeting of the 2011/2012 Parish Council
held at 7.15 pm on Tuesday 1st November  2011
In St Andrew’s Church

PRESENT
William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ian Holesworth
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE
Seven Members of the Public
Julie Rivett, Neighbourhood Manager PCC (North and West)
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Members of the Public raised the following issues:-

  • Overflowing dog foul bin (the Clerk will report to PCC)
  • Blocked gulley near the Old Rectory (the Clerk will report to PCC)
  • The need to monitor the grit-bins during the winter months
  • The Village Notice-boards need refurbishing (Brian Watts kindly agreed to undertake this work)
  • There is a water leak on Russell Hill, opposite St Andrew’s Church (the Clerk will report to Anglian Water)
  • The proposed demolition of the Bus Shelter on the A1 Northbound (the Clerk will contact Cathy Summers, PCC and advise that the Parish Council request that the Bus Shelter is retained or, if not possible, the Bus Shelter is moved to the adjacent lay-by)
  • Speeding in the village (the Clerk will contact Highways Division and request an on-site meeting to discuss possible options and Julie Rivett agreed to look into organising a covert survey

4. MINUTES of the Third Meeting of the 2011/2012 Parish Council held on Tuesday 13th September 2011 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5. MATTERS ARISING

i) Home Farm Matters
Martin Witherington asked when the double white lines will be painted on the A47 where it passes the Landfill Site and Home Farm entrance.  The Clerk will contact Highways Division.

ii) A1/Thornhaugh Gap Issues
There had been no new updates on these issues.

iii) Thornhaugh Parish Council Precept
Liam Higgins is still looking into this issue.

iv) Royal Diamond Jubilee
Brian Watts kindly agreed that he would be prepared to hold a Royal Diamond Jubilee Party in his garden.  If the weather is wet, he would be prepared to move it into his barn.  It was agreed that the Parish Council will discuss how they wish to mark the event, for example purchasing an additional village seat.

6. CORRESPONDENCE

  • Augean Newsletter (Noted)
  • CPALC AGM Agenda (Noted)
  • PCC – Withdrawal of an application for consent to carry out work to trees within a conservation area at 6 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (Noted)
  • Letter from Wendy, Clare and Stephen Joyce (Issues discussed under Public Participation)

7. FINANCE

i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 1st November 2011 was reviewed and approved as presented

 

Proposed by:- William Rogers
Seconded by:- Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

8. HEDGE CUTTING IN BACK LANE
It was noted that the hedge needs cutting on the right-hand side of Back Lane.  The Clerk was advised to contact Mr K Joyce at Thornhaugh Hall to request that this work is undertaken.  It was also noted that the verges need cutting at the top of Russell Hill.  The Clerk will contact Highways Division.

9. ADJOURNMENT
Martin Witherington gave a report on a meeting he had attended at Peterborough City Council regarding the Monitoring of Trees on Parish Council Land and Strategic Planning Issues.  He said that he felt it would be a good idea for the neighbouring Parish Councils to meet to discuss the Strategic Planning Issues.  Julie Rivett said she would ask a Strategic Planning Officer to attend the next Parish Council Meeting.

Brian Watts said he was still awaiting official notification that the British Legion has agreed to a nil increase in the Rent Review for Christie Hall.

10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Fifth Meeting of the 2011/2012 Council will take place at 7.00 pm on 10th January 2012 in St Andrew’s Church.   Julie Rivett, Neighbourhood Manager PCC (North and West) and a Strategic Planning Officer will be in attendance.

11. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.45 pm

 

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 10/01/12

Chairman