You Can Also Download these Minutes as a PDF Document

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Fifth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on Wednesday 5th January 2011 In St Andrew’s Church

PRESENT
William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE
Cllr John Holdich (Ward Councillor)
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1.    APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

There were apologies for absence from Ian Molesworth.

2.    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

No declarations of personal or prejudicial interest on agenda items were made by any member of the Council.

3.    PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

There were no members of the public present.

4.    MINUTES of the Fourth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held on Tuesday 16th November 2010 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:-        William Rogers
Seconded by:-        Liam Higgins
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5.    MATTERS ARISING

i)    Parish Council Website
William Rogers had looked at other Parish Council Websites and was impressed by the Empingham Parish Council Website.  It was agreed the Clerk will contact the person who was involved with the Castor News Website and ask that he produces some ideas for the next meeting.  It was hoped that the website address could be Thornhaughparishcouncil.co.uk.

ii)    Christie Hall
Brian Watts will chair a special meeting on 13th January 2011 to discuss the proposed increase in rent from £2,700 per annum to £4,500 per annum (based on a valuation by Strutt & Parker).  It was agreed that Ian Molesworth and Martin Witherington will attend.  It was noted that Stibbington and Wansford Parish Council Representatives will also attend.

iii)    Cooks Hole
Martin Witherington gave a report on the findings of his research on Cook’s Hole Planning Applications.  He is due to meet with Alan Jones and Theresa Nichol to discuss various issues about Cook’s Hole.  It was agreed that Thornhaugh Parish Council will request that the Planning Applications are discussed by the Planning Committee.  Liam Higgins stated he had been informed that nothing could be done about the light pollution issue.

iv)    RAF Wittering Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch
Martin Witherington had attended this event and had experienced a thoroughly enjoyable time.  It was agreed the Clerk will write a thank you letter to RAF Wittering.

v)    Future of RAF Wittering
Brian Watts gave a report on a meeting he had attended on 18th November 2010.

6.    CORRESPONDENCE

•    Consultation on Without Compliance (Mineral/Waste) Variation of condition C1 of planning permission 09/01458/WCMM – Siting and operation of a temporary gas flare and associated equipment – to extend date of commencement to 30 December 2011 at Thornhaugh Quarry, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh.

7.    FINANCE

i)    Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 1st January 2011 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:-        William Rogers
Seconded by:-        MartinWitherington
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

ii)    Precept 2011-12

After discussion, it was unanimously agreed to increase the Precept by £50.00 to £6,550.00.

8.    HOME FARM ACCESS TO A47

Martin Witherington and John Holdich agreed to liaise on dates to arrange a meeting with the Highways Agency to discuss Home Farm access to the A47 and the provision of a Bus Stop.

John Holdich indicated that funds may be available from the Community Leadership Fund to purchase a salt/grit bin.  He asked the Clerk to send him a letter detailing the Parish Council’s request.

9.    A1 THORNHAUGH GAP

Wendy Gray, Route Performance Administrator had confirmed the A1 Thornhaugh Gap is currently closed temporarily until 26th March 2012.  As a result of recent studies made, the Highways Agency has recommendations to move the works forward.  Work to carry out the closure of the Gap is programmed to be carried out in the next financial year (subject to confirmation of funding due to be announced in December 2010).  It was agreed that this would be discussed at the next meeting.

10.    ADJOURNMENT

The Clerk was asked to include the following items on the Agenda for discussion at the next meeting:-

•    Thornhaugh Coat of Arms and Motto
•    Village Seat

11.    DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Sixth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Council will take place at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 8th March 2011 in St Andrew’s Church.

12.    CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50 pm

SIGNED    _________________________________        DATE        08/03/11
Chairman