You Can Also Download these Minutes as a PDF Document

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Fourth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 16th November 2010 In St Andrew’s Church

PRESENT

William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ian Molesworth
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE

Cllr Diane Lamb (Ward Councillor)
One member of the public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1.    APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

There were apologies for absence from Cllr John Holdich (Ward Councillor).

2.    DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

No declarations of personal or prejudicial interest on agenda items were made by any member of the Council.

3.    PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

There was one member of the public present.

4.    MINUTES of the Second Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held on Tuesday 21st September 2010 were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:-    Martin Witherington
Seconded by:-    Ian Molesworth
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5.    MATTERS ARISING

i)    Parish Council Website
It was agreed that the Parish Councillors will look at other Parish Council Websites and discuss at the next meeting.  William Rogers will draw up a list of topics that the Parish Council would wish to include on the Website.

ii)    Footpaths
Martin Witherington gave an update on his recent meeting with Mr S Horner, PCC’s Footpaths Officer.  He reported that the damaged bridge on Mr R Dunlop’s land will be totally replaced.

iii)    Suffolk Acre Insurance Renewal
The Clerk had been quoted an additional £25.00 insurance premium to add the BT Phone Box onto the Insurance Policy.  It was agreed to pay this additional £25.00 insurance premium.

iv)    Christie Hall
Brian Watts stated that two Parish Council Representatives needed to be nominated to attend a Joint Meeting with Stibbington and Wansford Parish Council Representatives.  The RBL had appointed a surveyor to look at Christie Hall with regards to the rental value and the three Parish Councils needed to appoint their own surveyor for the same purpose.  It was agreed William Rogers and Ian Molesworth will attend the Joint Meeting when it has been arranged.

6.    CORRESPONDENCE

•    Northamptonshire County Council – Northamptonshire Minerals and Waste Development Framework Core Strategy Development Plan Document (taken by William Rogers)
•    PCC – Highways Maintenance Scheme: A47 Thornhaugh Bend (notified by e-mail)
•    PCC – Consultation on Conservation Area Trees Notification – Fell one Silver Birch Tree at 9 Russell Hill, Thornhaugh (notified by e-mail)
•    Augean Community Newsletter – September 2010
•    PCC – Consultation on Review of Mineral Planning Permission – Application for the Determination of updated planning conditions at Cooks Hole, Leicester Rd, Thornhaugh
•    Victim Support – Request for Funding (It was agreed not to give funding to this organisation)
•    RAF Wittering – Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch (Martin Witherington will ask the Senior Citizens at Home Farm if they would be interested in attending and William Rogers will ask Mr H Warren for the names of the Senior Citizens who have attended in the past)
•    PCC – Consultation on Minerals/Waste Application (Full) for various facilities at Cooks Hole, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh
•    CPALC Courses (notified by e-mail)
•    PCC – Parish Council Parking Permits (notified by e-mail) (The Parish Councillors completed the form with details of their vehicles)

7.    FINANCE

i)    Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 1st November 2010 was reviewed and approved as presented

Proposed by:-    William Rogers
Seconded by:-    Brian Watts
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

ii)    Change of Signatories for Barclays Bank

Ian Molesworth confirmed he had presented verification of his identity and address to the Oundle Branch of Barclays Bank.  The Clerk will request that the change of signatories for Barclays Bank is now completed.

8.    AUGUEAN PLC

Liam Higgins stated he was still concerned about light pollution at the site.  It was agreed the Clerk will contact Augean to enquire whether the security lights could be shielded away from the village.
Martin Witherington gave a comprehensive report on the findings of his research of the possible impact of the following planning matters on the village:-

PCC – Consultation on Review of Mineral Planning Permission – Application for the Determination of updated planning conditions at Cooks Hole, Leicester Rd, Thornhaugh and PCC – Consultation on Minerals/Waste Application (Full) for various facilities at Cooks Hole, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh

Martin Witherington was thanked for giving such a comprehensive report.

9.    ADJOURNMENT

Liam Higgins had been approached by a resident who was enquiring about the future of the Mobile Library Service as there had been rumours that the Mobile Library Service may no longer visit the village.  Diane Lamb stated that there are no plans to stop the Mobile Library Service at present.

Brian Watts stated he would be attending the briefing regarding the future of RAF Wittering to be held on 18th November 2010 at RAF Wittering.

Martin Witherington gave a report on the Parish Watch AGM held on 9th September 2010.

Martin Witherington gave a report on the CPALC 106 Training Course held on 27th October 2010.

Martin Witherington gave a report on the CPALC AGM held on 13th November 2010.

Martin Witherington reported that a grit bin is required at the junction of Home Farm/A47, also that the junction needs patching up.  The Clerk will report to the Highways Department, Peterborough City Council.

It was reported that the Burial Ground Committee had met and that they recommend that Mr H Warren is asked to fill the vacancy left by Mrs A Castellano’s resignation. The Parish Council agreed that Mr Warren will also continue to act as Burial Ground Committee Secretary and provide the administrative link with the Parish Council Clerk and the Parish Council.

Diane Lamb stated there were funds from the Community Leadership Fund available for small projects

10.    DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Fifth Meeting of the 2010/2011 Council will take place at 7.30 pm on Wednesday 5th January 2011 in St Andrew’s Church.

11.    CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30 pm

SIGNED    _________________________________        DATE        05/01/11
Chairman