You Can Also Download these Minutes as a PDF Document

THORNHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Second Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on Wednesday 14th July 2010 In St Andrew’s Church

PRESENT

William Rogers (Chairman)
Liam Higgins
Ian Molesworth
Brian Watts
Martin Witherington

IN ATTENDANCE

One member of the public
Deirdre McCumiskey, Clerk to the Council

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
None

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations of personal or prejudicial interest on agenda items were made by any member of the Council.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The member of the public had no issues to raise.

4. MINUTES of the Inaugural Meeting of the 2010/2011 Parish Council held on Wednesday 19th May 2010 were reviewed and following a query by Brian Watts the following amendment was agreed:-

Minute 2ii) Thornhaugh & Wansford Parish Burial Committee

Delete: Representatives listed as Alan Tresadern and Hubert Warren (Co-opted)
Insert: Representatives listed as Alan Tresadern and Anne Castellano

The amended minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman.

Proposed by:- Brian Watts
Seconded by:- Ian Molesworth
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY

5. MATTERS ARISING
i) Telephone Kiosk Conversion
Brian Watts confirmed he had undertaken the conversion and he was thanked for this. It was noted that it is already proving popular and there is a good exchange of DVDs and books taking place.

6. CORRESPONDENCE
• Mr M Lewis – Proposed Signage for Meadow Lane (It was noted that Alan Tresadern and Hubert Warren had agreed to respond to this but William Rogers will check this had been done)

• Peterborough CC Natural Environmental Projects Grant 2010/11 (The Clerk will obtain an Application Form and it was agreed that Councillors will consider potential sites and the type of bulbs/flowers that could be planted)

• Peterborough CC Planning Abbotts Wood Service Station – Permission granted (Noted)

• Northants Minerals & Waste Development Framework – Control & Management of Development – Development Plan Document – Proposed Submission (taken by Martin Witherington)

• Draft Minutes of the Neighbourhood Council – Rural North held at Arthur Mellows Village College on 17
June 2010 (Noted)

• E-mail from Karen Rutter to Brian Watts – Concern about the proximity of the newly planted Salix matsudana tortuosa (Twisted Willow) to the Old Rectory (Referred to the Burial Ground Committee)

7. FINANCE
i) Statement and Bank Reconciliation at 1st July 2010 was reviewed and approved as presented
Proposed by:- Ian Molesworth
Seconded by:- Martin Witherington
CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
It was agreed that the Clerk will look into the obligatory expenditure the Parish Council is committed to in
the financial year ending 31st March 2011 to ascertain what balance is available for other expenditure.

ii) Changes of Signatories for Barclays Bank
William Rogers and Ian Molesworth will take photographic identification and utility bill to a branch of
Barclays Bank and then all the paperwork can be submitted for the change of signatories.

8. SIGNING of Certificates of Acceptance of Office and Declarations of Interest were undertaken and will be sent t0 Mrs H Edwards, Monitoring Officer at Peterborough City Council.

9. ADJOURNMENT
William Rogers reported he had received a telephone call from Alan Tresadern who stated he had been contacted by a resident who had complained about dog fouling towards the top end of Russell Hill. It was agreed to put a small piece in “Living Villages” stating “All dog owners are encouraged to clean up after their pets and also advised that their dogs are kept on leads for safety reasons”.

The Clerk reported that Castor News Website had been closed. The Councillors were given two options:-
i) Publishing a new webpage at a new website address at a cost of £10.00 per month for a minimum of 12
months
or
ii) Creating a larger multipage website at a cost of £400 in set up fees and £10.00 per month for hosting and updates

The Councillors agreed they would prefer the second option. The Clerk was asked to ascertain whether there were any grants available from Peterborough City Council for the setting up of a Parish Website. William Rogers will investigate whether the Parish Council can use the suffix “gov” as part of the website address.
Brian Watts reported the village seat on Russell Hill is in a poor condition and needs repairing. It was
agreed to ask Peterborough City Councillors if (a) any funding would be available for this and (b) whether
Peterborough City Council had a named approved contractor to undertake this work.

Brian Watts reported there are two potholes that need filling on the passing place and opposite the field on Russell Hill and the verge is a mess. The Clerk will report to Highways Department, Peterborough City Council.

Martin Witherington reported that one of the footpaths has been re-routed. He will speak to the Footpath Office to establish if this has now been approved by Peterborough City Council. It was agreed that information about the footpaths could be included on the proposed Parish Website. It was agreed that the subject of footpaths could be included as part of a Parish Plan should one be undertaken in the
future.

Martin Witherington reported that a grit bin is required at the junction at Russell Hill/A47 and the other grit bins need replenishing. The Clerk will report to Highways Department, Peterborough City Council. Martin Witherington reported that the junction at Russell Hill/A47needs patching up. The Clerk will report to Highways Department, Peterborough City Council.

Liam Higgins reported there are overgrown trees at the corner opposite the Gate House and on Thornhaugh Hall side of Russell Hill. The Parish Councillors commented that no hedge/tree cutting took place last year but in previous years, the Peterborough City Councillors had organised the funding of this through a Discretionary Fund. The Clerk will ask Peterborough City Councillors if any funding would be
available for this.

William Rogers asked the Clerk to obtain information about the lease and rental costs of Christie Hall and to put the Christie Hall on the next Agenda.

10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Third Meeting of the 2010/2011 Council will take place at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 21st September 2010 in
St Andrew’s Church.

11. CLOSURE

There being no further business to discuss, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05 pm

SIGNED _________________________________ DATE 21/09/10

Chairman